We are excited to reopen our doors! For the safety of all of our students and staff members, we’ve implemented the following changes.
Reopening the Gym
As we return to the gym, class sizes will be reduced, and classes will be shortened to allow time for cleaning between sessions. We will return in phases, which will roll out over several months:
- Phase 1: Private lessons
- Phase 2: Teams and camps *enrolling now*
- Phase 3: Recreational classes, beginning with the oldest groups *enrolling now*
- Phase 4: Preschool and parent/child classes
Social distancing policies will be in place, and rules will be clearly communicated to all students. Anyone unable to follow the rules will be asked to leave.
Drop-off and Pick-up
Our lobby will be closed to help reduce our total headcount in the building. Parents are welcome to drop off or wait in their cars during class.
- Drop-off: Please arrive at least 5 minutes before your class is scheduled to begin. Pull up to the front door and remain in your car. A staff member will come to your car to take your child’s temperature and ask a few COVID-19-related questions.
- Very important: If you have visited any of the states on NJ’s 14-day quarantine list, you will not be able to attend until your 14 days are up. Current list as of 8/6/20: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin.
- Pick-up: If you remain in your car during class, we will bring your child to your parking spot after class. If you drop off and come back, please pull up to the front as you did during drop-off.
New: We’ve added a private screening service called SpotTV, where you can observe class via your phone.
What to Bring
- Face mask: Must be worn during drop-off/pick-up and in common areas, including bathroom.
- Plenty of water! Drinks/snacks will no longer be sold, and our water fountain remains closed.
- Hand sanitizer: Although we will have bottles in the gym, it is still in short supply and we ask that you bring your own when possible.
- Arrive dressed for class: Since we’ll be returning during warm weather, any street clothes should be left in the car. Please bring in as little as possible to the gym. Note: Loaner leotards will no longer be given if you forget your leotard.
- Teams only: chalk. Communal chalk bins will be closed.
All staff members will be following the guidelines set forth by the NJ Department of Health, including but not limited to:
- Temperatures taken upon entry; anyone with a temperature over 99.5° or showing any signs of illness will not be permitted to enter.
- All staff members will be wearing masks.
If a student begins showing any signs of illness during class, parent will be called immediately for pick-up.
Students must wear masks in common areas, including bathrooms.
Cleaning the Gym
- Mats and equipment will be disinfected between classes.
- A commercial-grade fogger will disinfect the gym daily.
- Bathrooms will be wiped down between uses.
- Ozone machine is used to decrease build-up on surface areas and touch points.
- Hand sanitizer will be used by all before and after class.
- A COVID-19-certified cleaning company will sterilize gym.